Please NOTE: Hurricane Idalia has increased the potential for water-borne illnesses in the Gulf of Mexico and our surrounding waterways. We advise you not to swim at this time until water testing is complete.
Please be aware that our area is still recovering from Hurricane Ian (2022) and some locations may look different right now. Check out our list below to see which beaches are open and which ones plan to reopen soon. Parking at some locations are free until further notice. Those that require a fee are noted below.
- San Carlos Bay-Bunche Beach Preserve (Fort Myers)
- Lynn Hall Memorial Park (Fort Myers Beach)
- Bowditch Point Park (Fort Myers Beach)
- Lovers Key State Park (South Fort Myers Beach) - *$8/Vehicle
- Fort Myers Beach Accesses #11-14; #16; #19-24; #27-28; #30 & #36 - *$5/hour
- Lighthouse Beach Park (Sanibel Island) - *$5/hour
- Bowmans Beach (Sanibel Island) - *$5/hour
- Gulf Side City Park (Sanibel Island) - *$5/hour
- Tarpon Bay Road Beach (Sanibel Island) - *$5/hour
- Alison Hagerup Beach Park (Captiva Island) - * 1 hour - $15, 2 hours - $25, all day (dawn to dusk) - $40
- Gasparilla Island State Park
- Boca Grande Beach Accesses
- Dog Beach (Bonita Springs)
- Bonita Beach Park and Bonita Beach Accesses 1-10 (Bonita Springs)
- Little Hickory Island Park (Bonita Springs)
- Turner Beach (Captiva Island) - *$5/hour
- Blind Pass Beach (Sanibel Island) - *$5/hour
- Crescent Beach Family Park (Fort Myers Beach)
For more information on additional openings and available amenities, use this interactive map to learn about specific locations.
Know Before You Go:
- Some beaches and beach parks have not been restored to pre-Hurricane Ian conditions.
- Facilities and beach accesses are limited (you may need to walk further than you used to).
- Some amenities such as restroom facilities, piers, and walkovers have not been repaired or replaced at this time.
- Debris may still be found in the sand and near-shore areas, such as dunes or mangroves.
- Beach/water shoes are recommended.
- Closure signs are posted where necessary so we ask you to please adhere to these cautions.
- Please respect posted wildlife areas and dune vegetation.
- Swim at your own risk.